Monday, June 13, 2011

Just Me.

Evening! This is my new blog. On here I will be posting pretty about  much everything that I'm interested in. I will be posting helpful hints and tips about my two passions in life, poker and poetry, as well as commenting on recent films, music, and life in general.

So, where to begin? I think I'll start with a general sort of thing. As I sit here in the common room of my Sixth Form College, watching a small group of lads complain about anything they can think of, I am thinking about my current situation. My exams are nearly finished, I am in need of money, and I want a girlfriend.

I'm not asking for much then!

I've worked extremely hard over the past couple of years to make it into university. Whether it has been enough, I don't know. I'll find out in August on results day! I think I am fortunate though. I have been blessed with the ability to write.

I get a lot of stick though. Does it bother me? Well, I wish people would accept the fact that I do write, but I can put up with it. There is a point in all of our lives where our soul feels malnourished, and for me, poetry is food for the soul. Yes, that sounds cheesy. What do you expect? I'm a poet! Joking apart, I want to be a successful writer. I have improved a lot since I won a local comeptition with my poem The Rising of the Daffodils, but I have a long way to go. I am not writing with the intention of making a living in the future. The fact is, there is no money in poetry. I write because I can, and also because it allows me to escape into another world where I can truly express my emotions.

As for the girlfriend situation...

Well, it isn't great! I'm still smiling though, I have lots to smile about. The person I want to be with is truly amazing and I love her to bits. Even though she rejected me, I will always be there for her and (hopefully) she knows that. All in all, my life isn't brilliant at the minute. The exams are causing me to lose lots of sleep, I'm worried about how I'm going to get everything I need for uni, and I can't be with the person I want. I'm an optimist though. Every cloud has a silver lining, and I'm fairly good at finding that silver lining.

Anyway, for now, that is all I have to say about my life.

So, until next time, stay safe and stay happy!

Mr Craig
x

No comments:

Post a Comment