Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Top 10 Music Artists!

I love music. It is what keeps me sane, and drives everyone else I know insane when I sing. I am a very varied person when it comes to music, I listen to lots of different artists. As hard as it was, I have a compiled a top 10 of my personal favourite music artists, and exactly why I like them!


10. Example: They only just crept into my top 10, and I haven't heard too many songs of theirs, but Kick Starts is a brilliant song and I love it. Although I wasn't a huge fan of Last Man Standing, their new song, Changed The Way You Kiss Me is one of my favouite songs at the minute. I should get their album when I have the money.
 
9. Plan B: This guy is a brilliant artist. She Said is an absolute classic, and one that I can't help but sing along to (very badly) at the top of my voice. End Credits with Chase & Status is a great song to run to, and the Defamation of Strickland Banks is a really good album! Even though I think he should dtick to singing rather than rapping. Just my opinion.


8. Michael Buble: The "Swing King" of Canada. I love this guy. I've always secretly liked swing music with all the huge orchestra behind. I think Buble is reminiscent of Frank Sinatra with a contemporary twist. ANy comparison with Sinatra has to be good! His voice is brilliant, his songs are brilliant, and he can, unlike some artists, perform live!

7. Kings of Leon: I love their newest album, Come Around Sundown, although my opinion is that their Only By The Night album is their best. They combine good old classic rock with a contemporary sound, and I think it works perfectly. My personal favourite song is Use Somebody, although Be Somebody comes a close second. Radioactive is also a pretty good song, and really gets me motivated. Sometimes anyway.

6.The Script: I defy anyone to not like The Script! Although they are not the best live performers, their albums are absolutely fantastic, if a little depressing. The lead singer, Danny O'Donoghue has an extremely good studio voice. Two of my friends actually went to see him live, and even though he isn't known to have a brilliant live voice, I was still extremely jealous.

5. Pendulum: The best, and, only Drum & Bass / Dubstep I will listen to. They never fail to get me in the mood to party, and are a great motivator. I love their Immersion album, my favourites being Watercolour and Witchcraft. Although, I think the album is let down by Self Vs Self. They aren't a scream band, and that song just didn't do anything for me.

4. The Fray: The Fray's music is, to me, absolutely beautiful. The singing is amazing, and the lyrics to every song is meaningful. I often find I can relate to their lyrics, something I really like in a music artist. Both of their currently released albums are brilliant, and I always sing along, much to the annoyance of my family. Look After You and Over My Head (Cable Car) are their best songs in my view.

3. Relient K: They aren't really heard of much in the UK, but Relient K is a Christian rock band that isn't like any other. They are lucky enough to have the ability to write songs that are both depressing and uplifting at the same time. The first song I heard of theirs is Savannah, and it remains to be my personal favourite song of theirs. They prove the common misconception that Christian rock is full of so-called "bible bashing" wrong.

2: James Morrison: This guy is underrated. He has a superb voice, and is a good live performer. Both his Undiscovered and Songs For You, Truths For ME albums are brilliant, and I would love to be able to go and see him live. His voice has a rustic quality, and doesn't need to be perfect in order to sound perfect. He is also a really good guitarist, of which I am envious.

1. City and Colour: My number one. He is absolutely amazing. He isn't huge in the UK, but he should be. He is one of the few artists of whom I like every single song I have listened to. His voice is crazily incredible, he is a brilliant guitarist, and he can perform just as good live as he can in the studio. His new album, Little Hell, looks absolutely superb, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I have heard a couple of songs from it, and I love them!

So that's it! My top 10 music artists. If you can, check these guys out, they are all amazing music artists. Particularly City and Colour, I don't know of anyone who has listened to him and not liked him. That's all from me, until next time, goodbye!

Mr Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment